I was charged with watching an infant girl from the time she was born. I was very close to her. Spent every day with her until she started preschool at about 3.5 years old. I am an older woman, over 60 and I get cold sores from time to time. I am very careful during these times and mindful about spreading this. I have 2 grown children both who do not have this because I have been so careful. I will admit that on occasion she has kissed me on the mouth (never during or even close to an outbreak) and I have kissed her before as well. She still goes to preschool. I don't watch her now because she is in school. She recently came home with something that kind of looked like a cold sore but not entirely and right after she had been sick. Well, Guess who got blamed..? My feelings are very hurt. If you knew the level of precaution taken by me during outbreaks I think you might have a clearer understanding as to why. Also, how hsv1 is transmitted is so crazy, toddlers can easily spread it to each other. They can have sores in their mouth and no visible lesions on their lips, drool on toys and then handle them and she could have transmitted it to herself that way. She could have kissed someone who was having an outbreak while out with her parents without her parents knowing it and contracted it that way. There are a thousand scenerios. It's so hurtful that they'd point the finger at me. Does anyone have experience with this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Tags: preschool
Quick Reply
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....