I have HSV I. Not sure whether it is genitally or oral since I have never had an outbreak but blood tests are positive. My boyfriend has Hodgkin's Disease. Can this compromise his health?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 4th, 2009
Experienced User
If his immune system is compromised, rare complications can happen with Herpes. Did you get it from him? If you did, then there isn't really anything to be done about it.

Regardless of his health status, if you didn't get it from him, you need to use protection every time you have sex to keep from spreading it. You can spread it whether you are symptomatic or not. Have you asked the doctor about medication for Herpes to keep you from getting an outbreak?

Also, I'm so sorry to hear about your boyfriend's cancer. I hope he is getting the best care and everything turns out well. Luckily Hodgkin's is very treatable. I wish you both the best.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....