I am a male interested in using the vaccination as a preventative measure against my previous genital wart diagnosis (2 years no warts). I no longer have any symptoms but do not wish to spread the virus to a partner. Does anyone know how long it takes to build an immunal response to the vaccination ? Ie how long after the first shot would it be safe to begin sexual activity ?

Cheers,

HPV positive.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Getting a HPV vaccination is not preventive measure for not spreading the HPV infection to the partner (HPV vaccine does not treat existing HPV infections or genital warts) Also, being treated for genital warts, means getting removal of warts, that reduces, but, not eliminates the HPV infection (you still have some potential to transmit the old infection to your partner).
So, by getting HPV vaccine you gonna protect yourself against some virus types (ones covered with the vaccine), not all.
Also, the vaccine is found to be less effective in people who had already been exposed to one of the HPV types covered by the vaccine.
|

replied May 29th, 2008
so theres a vaccine I can get?

where could I get this vaccine?

I already have HPV and want to do the best to contain it
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
How old are you?

The vaccine is most effective in girls/women who have not yet acquired any of the four HPV types covered by the vaccine.
Some states also provide free or low-cost vaccines at public health department clinics to people without health insurance coverage for vaccines.
|

replied June 10th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
theres nothing you can do about HPV you already have, it will appear and reappear in your body until you die, its a virus, it never goes away nor can it be cured..the symptoms can be treated but as for spreading the virus, if you have unprotected intercourse it can be transmitted to your partner
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about sexual health issues, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a sexual health disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for sexual health disorders....