Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

HPV Concerns, i dont know if she exsposed me...

Me and my girlfriend of 2 1/2 years broke up in september 2012. In october i got a text from her saying she wants to talk in person.. I did not like the way the conversation was going and immedeatly felt somthing was wrong. She tells me she was diagnosed with genital warts and I was the last person she slept with and she started having problems a week after the last time we slept together. I immedalty made a doctors appointment. Test come back negetive, doctor dosent see any warts or lesions. I also went to a dematologist and they looked at me like i was crazy. I then mail her a copy of my results to prove my innocence. But im still left in shock and confusion and there are many factors in this situation. For one, I was not the only person she slept with. When we first started dating in 2010 she was sleeping with 3 other guys at the time. In 2012 we had serval break ups, during those break ups she had a one night stand with a guy she barley knew, sex with a friend from colledge and had sex with my cousin who is a bi sexual male. (she did it to hurt my feelings) and there may be more because she is the type of woman to "take it to the grave" to keep the "good girl" image alive. She claims that all contact was protected but this i do not know for sure because i was not there at the time. I have read that GW can be spread even if you use condoms. So i dont know if she got it from either one of them. We were also long distant, I moved out of state last year. She has also stated early in that year she was having issues "down there" and admitted to not taking care of herself in that area. I accused her of cheating serval times, due to emails, texts, tweets, pictures in her phone and things she would say. Again we were long distant for half of the year so I cannot fully take her word that she was faithful. She also had a pap smear done in July of that year, and was fine. I got tested in feburary and was fine. After the break up all of a sudden she isnt fine. Then, how all of a sudden she claims to have GW, if she caught it from me, why did it take 2 1/2 years into the relationship to show up? Also she told me that she tested negitave for HPV but i read GW is caused by HPV 6 and 11. So how can u have GW without the main factor? She also started dating a guy immediatly after the break up and told me the guy lives at her aparment complex. She moved in around march so this guy has been around for awhile. She told him about the GW and he is ok with it. I dont think you would tell a random stranger you have GW, it would have to be someone you know and trust! My brother is still her friend on FB and he said she mentioned somthing about a house and getting married. Also i dont know if she exsposed me to this and It hasent hit me yet so its very hard to move on in heartache and confusion, not knowing whats going on with your body or that you are out of the clear because I read it takes up to 8 months to know if your in the clear. Or if she is saying she has GW so i wont make an attempt to fix the relationship. Talk to me yall and please keep me in your prayers. God bless.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 15th, 2013
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If you have not had any other sexual partner, and if you have been proved that you do not have the infection, then she contracting infection would be from any of the multiple partners that she had after breaking up from you. Avoid further sexual contact with her (as chances of you getting the infection back from her would be high). Although men can remain asymptomatic even when having the infection, serological tests done will help to prove whether a man has got HPV infection (and if confirmed, tests to identify strain of virus can be done). If still worried, you should consider getting thorough check-up done from your doctor/urologist/dermatologist and also go ahead with getting counseling done to help you out of your confusion and hurt and start having a normal and happy life. Hope this helps.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.