How would you react if your child came out to you as a homosexual? A tough question I know... I personally can’t speak from experience, but I’ve been thinking about it a lot recently. I know in my heart that I would be accepting no matter what, but it’s so hard to say how you would react to something until you experience it firsthand. Thoughts?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2009
Experienced User
If may child said mom i am Homosexual. I would be accepting no matter what. Why put your child down because they choose the opisit sex and it's there life. I know alot of people that are homosexauls and they are some of the nices people.
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2009
Supporter
My daughter is 18months old at the moment but if when she's older she tells me that she is a lesbian or bisexual then so be it, she is still my daughter. I myself am bisexual so i would have no problem whatever Mika's sexuality is.
|

replied January 22nd, 2009
wow...it's great to hear that you guys are so accepting and wouldn't second guess it. Theirs so many people who suffer for being gay, and if only their were more open minded people like you out there....their would be much less hatred and even violance against the gay community.
|

User Profile
replied May 24th, 2009
Supporter
it all depends on how the family was raised, how open they are, or how strict they are. some people dont talk to their kids b/c of it.
this could be a hurtful thing for a parent to hear. thinking they did something wrong.
i was raised in church so i would throw the bible at my son, and tell him the get
counseling. but this is me and this would be my hurt coming out. i would still love him. i would probably pray that he changes.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....