Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

how will 1st degree hemoriods go away?

User Profile
Hi doctor,

Its been almost 3 weeks im having external hemorriods, i showed it to my family doctor as well, he said its 1st degree hemoriods and nothing to worry about. My question to you would be that will my pead sized lump on the anal how will that go away?does sitting for long periods on chair messes up as well?

Waiting for your quick response.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2012
Hemorrhoids Answer A37745
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Hemorrhoids are masses or clumps (cushions) of tissue within the anal canal that contain blood vessels and the surrounding, supporting tissue made up of muscle and elastic fibers.Although most people think hemorrhoids are abnormal, they are present in everyone. It is only when the hemorrhoidal cushions enlarge that hemorrhoids can cause problems and be considered abnormal or a disease.

For convenience in describing the severity of hemorrhoids, many physicians use a grading system:
* First-degree hemorrhoids: Hemorrhoids that bleed but do not prolapse.
* Second-degree hemorrhoids: Hemorrhoids that prolapse and retract on their own (with or without bleeding).
* Third-degree hemorrhoids: Hemorrhoids that prolapse but must be pushed back in by a finger.
* Fourth-degree hemorrhoids: Hemorrhoids that prolapse and cannot be pushed back in.

First degree external ones can very well be controlled by means of lifestyle modification.You have to avoid constipation and lump would go back to its place after sometime.

The best way to control these symptoms would be lifestyle changes with the following tips:

1)Change and develop good dietary habits including, eating several small meals daily.
2)Diet should include fresh fruits, fiber rich foods.It is very important to take fibre rich diet as cereals,bran,beans,dal,oats,whole grains as it helps in softening stool.
3)Avoid too much of coffee, tea, alcohol, colas, and smoking.
4)Drink 5 to 6 litres of water.
5)Do some form of exercise even a daily walk is fine.
6)Adopt proper posture and if you have long sitting hours work take small breaks and stretch the body.
7)Avoid taking medications frequently for passing stools instead you can take natural fibre supplements when required as "Naturolax" before going to bed.

Consider visiting a Physician in case of any issues.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hemorrhoids , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.