Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

How to treat anorgasmia

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
iam 19 i have had one sexual partner whicch i am currently with we have been together for 4 yrs and we were each others first sexual partners

i have never climaxed and never had an orgasm i sometimes find it hard to have sex as it hurts been to dr's and they haven't found anything wrong

please help i want to enjoy sex x

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2010
Sexual Health - Women Answer A8978
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out.

Since the ultrasound has come out normal, most of the medical causes have been ruled out. In your case, it looks like you are not able to have an orgasm because of psychological causes or hormonal problems. Changes in the hormone levels can also cause dryness of the vagina and hence produce anorgasmia(lack of orgasm). Other causes are stress and anxiety, alcohol and drugs, relationship issues and medicines like blood pressure medications, antihistamines and antidepressants.

Talk to your partner openly about any fears or apprehensions, eat nutritious healthy food, exercise regularly and cut down on smoking or alcohol if you are taking it. Also, ask your partner to indulge in plenty of foreplay or use a water based lubricant. If there is still a problem, then please get your hormonal assay done from an endocrinologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For an exact diagnosis, you are advised to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.