Medical Questions > Mental Health > Stop Smoking Forum

How to Stop my BF's Smoking

Just like the title, how to let my boy friend quit smoking this time.
We knew each other for 6 years, and now is the time to marry.
I love him, and he loves me, too.
If I want a baby, then he still keep smoking is not so good.
Any suggestions? Thanks so much!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper sgcherry
|

User Profile
replied November 14th, 2014
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Quitting can be tough, but BUPROPION if started a week before target date, will help quit smoking much easily. you may discuss this option with your Boy friend.

wishing you best of health

thanks

|

replied March 18th, 2015
Im not smoking
|

User Profile
replied April 10th, 2015
I quit 2 months ago and I did it cold turkey. I have to tell you, tho, that I don't think you can get someone to quit if they don't want to! I know people bugged me for years about my smoking--family, bf's, friends, co-workers, etc-- but I didn't listen to any of them. Finally one day I decided on my own that I wanted to quit and I did!
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied May 4th, 2015
Talk to him honestly about the baby and the future. If he understands your arguments and the importance of quitting for your family, there's a good chance he'll give up.
|

DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stop Smoking , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.