Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

How to relieve lupus symptoms and prevent flare ups

I know people with lupus suffer from different symptoms, but does have anyone experience four or five symptoms at the same time, and lupus flares often? I have an everyday battle with joint pain, fatigue, hair loss, dry mouth and loss of appetite. These actually drain off my energy. Ibuprofen, Plaquenil and Prednisone just help me in a short period. Also, flare ups sometimes increase the severity of lupus symptoms. I just wanna overcome the disease. Who can help and share me some experience to deal with these problems?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper emma357
|

replied June 21st, 2018
As you said,lupus symptoms vary from person to person. While you go though many lupus symptoms, I just experience joint pain, unexplained fever, and fatigue. You're maybe very exhausted when living with them. How long have you taken lupus medications? If they don't help you for a long time, should ask your doctor again. It's also important to change your lifestyle habits, focus on healthy diet and take supplements. Taking part in some lupus groups is useful, other lupus patients will share and give you many tips to combat against the disease
|

replied June 21st, 2018
Thank you- emma357.
I've been taking them for 3 months, they help relieve some lupus symptoms for several weeks. Then, these signs come back because of my family's troubles. Actually, lupus symptoms and family's troubles are beyond my stamina
|

replied June 26th, 2018
Keep calm and be strong! Many people with lupus still live happily. You can also do that. Following your treatment paln is important to deal with the disease. But, if you have any reactions, consult with your doctors as soon as possible.
Besides, sharing your troubles with your trusted person or psychologist is necessary to reduce emotion stress caused by family's troubles.
Lifestyles and healthy diet are really important in relieving lupus symptoms as well as preventing lupus flares. You should:
- avoid proceesed, packaged and fast foods
- avoid sun exposure, smoking and too much alcohol
- eat more omega 3s foods, vegetables and fruits
- take rest and have enough sleep
- choose mild exercise, such as aqua thearpy or mild yoga
If possible, you can consider taking supllements because they can give essential vitamins or minerals and boost your immune system
|

replied June 26th, 2018
Thank you so much- emma357
Your tips are useful for me. I'll start handling everything little by little. Maybe I need a psychotherapist to help me balance my emotions. Though it's hard to change diet and lifestyle, I'll gradually try. Can I take supplements during lupus treatment plan?
|

replied June 26th, 2018
I used to take Lupufree, vitamin D3, Plaquenil and Prednisone at the same time. These gave me good changes after 3 months. So, i think there's no wrong thing when taking them and lupus drugs at the same time. But, I can't understand clearly what your symptoms are, you should ask your doctor for sure.
|

replied June 26th, 2018
Many thanks. I surely consult with my doctor to overcome the disease. Hope I can get better soon. Thank you again- emma357
|
Tags: lupus, Hair Loss
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....