Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menopause Forum

How to reduce menopause symptoms ?

User Profile
Is there anything I can do to do reduce my menopause symptoms?
I have dizziness, vertigo, headaches, sensitive to sound ,anxiety ,itchyskin,moodswings,hot flashes ,night sweats and insomnia I cant get but 4 hours sleep and sometimes I wake up every hour. I not taking anything right now. I only drink water and I remove sugar,and processed foods from my diet.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2017
Menopause Answer A61223
Menopausal symptoms have definite treatment.It can be hormone replacement therapy in the form of medications along with other medicines.But, you need a checkup and often after a full checkup you might be advised to take this.I suggest you to go to your doctor who can refer you to an appropriate one to avail this.
Hope this will help you.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Menopause can be dreadful in selected woman and yes, treatments are there.Why do not you opt for them still now? These range from sedatives, anxiolytics, calcium supplementation,hormone replacement therapy as well as exercises and counselling depending on your age,symptoms as well as response to the medicines. Iust meet your doctor and ask her to prescribe medicine which can alleviate the problems or better,refer you to an endocrinologist or gynecologist for proper evaluation.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is menopause? Peri menopause? How long does menopause last? Get the facts on menopause, "the big change", here. ...
Symptoms of menopause and perimenopause affect women in different ways. What common signs and early symptoms of menopause can alert you of "the change"?...
Consult your doctor as your body makes the perimenopause transition. But how do doctors confirm the beginning of menopause? Learn more here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menopause , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.