Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hair Loss, Hair Disorders Forum

How to make sure Lice is removed permanently

User Profile
Okay. I'm 17 years old and I just got head lice about.. a month ago maybe. But I just found out that I actually had it a few days ago. I didn't think I had it that bad so I dyed my hair and it killed the live lice. But I didn't realize I had tons of eggs in my hair and new baby lice hatched yesterday. I got most of the eggs out but I'm not sure if I got them all? How can I be sure that they're all gone?! & if I get lice shampoo to kill the live lice then will it for sure kill all the nymphs? Will it stop the cycle of the eggs? & If I get another nit comb how can I be sure that I get all the eggs? If I miss any eggs and they hatch and lay eggs its just going to be a never ending cycle of head lice. This is really taking a toll on me, it's depressing me and making me cry every night when I comb nits out of my hair. I just really need to get rid of this because I'm so unhappy knowing that there are live bugs crawling around my long healthy hair. Please help me.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2014
General Q and A Answer A46038
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If there are different stages of lice population, you will need prolonged treatment measures to help you eradicate all stages and have resolution. Consider being thorough with the treatment regime, and practice hygiene. Use a thin and fine toothed comb to pull out the nits and the eggs that have not hatched. This can be done when you have shampooed your hair and the lice are knocked out with the medicated shampoo. If worried, visit your doctor/healthcare provider for further clarification and assistance.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hair Loss, Hair Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.