i am a type 1 diabetic, I was diagnosed when I was 19, im 27 in a few days. My problem is as soon as I was admitted to hospital I put 1 stone in weight on in the week I was there and another 5 stone since. I used to go to they gym for 2 hours a day but I went down to 1 hour and then just swimming, dog walking and exercise at home as I kept having too many hypos and the doctor said if I just keep to a healthy diet I would be ok. I am taking Novorapid with each meal and Levemir at night. I kept going back to my doctors for help and advice but they just said it will settle. I have managed to lose 2 stone of this weight but have 4 to go. Nothing seems to be working and I just wondered if anyone else is having trouble as most people on here seem to find it hard to GAIN weight as a type 1? I have signed up for a carb counting course at the hospital so fingers crossed this might help a bit as I may be able to reduce my insulin, I eat 3 healthy meals per day with the odd bacon sarnie or pizza maybe once a month!?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 17th, 2010
Hi,
Weight loss is one of the most desired outcomes in the world and Yoga exercises can help get you the body that you want with hard work. Yoga asana is relatively inexpensive and it has lasting benefits as long as you continue to do it.Yoga training is the main thing you should do for lose weight.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....