Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

how to lose weight healthy

User Profile
ive been an on & off anorexic for almost 3 years now.
& my vision of food is still so messed up.
i constantly think about my weight, when im tall
& lanky. but it still bugs me.
recently ive been back on track with my eating
disorders (bulemia & anorexia) & im getting
the worse stomach pains of my life.
so im forced to eat, & when i do, i go crazy
& start eating everything. then i cry & punish myself
about it. but i dont perge sometimes.
so now im really bummed out.
i havent eaten all day since last night when i
went crazy & ate a lot, but now my stomach is
hurting uncontrollably.
it hurts soooo much!
i eat really healthy now. eating an apple
& some cereal a day.
but even that, is making me get the worst
stomach pains.

so is there a safer way to lose weight?
i exercise a lot too.
but still, its getting really hard
& it really hurts.
& i just feel bad when i give in
& start eating everything in the house.
so i dont want to feel like that because
now im just going crazy.

anyone can help?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 27th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Food choice is important. Try eating small, frequent meals. Include fruits and vegetables with all your little meals. Whole grain breads and pastas are better choices than white bread and pasta. You can include some meat in several of your meals. Eating 5-6 times a day ensures you are not hungry which allows you to make better food choices and control how much you eat. Incorporating fruits and vegetables is the healthiest way to maintain weight. You will NOT get fat or gain weight with this type of diet.

Your body has been through a lot of trauma by binging and purging. You must eat slowly and eat small amounts. As I said above, eat frequently. You can eat yogurt with a banana in the morning. As a snack have a piece of fruit. Two hours later at lunch have a salad and put some sort of nuts in with your salad. Add cheese if you like. Have a piece of whole grain bread with your salad. You could eat a grilled cheese on whole grain bread. Have another snack 2 hours later. Then dinner within 2-3 hours. Your blood glucose levels never have a chance to drop too low. You stomach will not hurt from overeating and won't hurt from hunger pains. You can eat 4 ounces of meat, poultry, or fish with a couple of meals. That is about the size of your palm.

You may be experiencing some gas pains. Gas tablets should help with that. Take them after eating to help absorb gas in the gut.

I am glad to see you are making an effort to eat. This is a big step. Try to keep in mind why we eat. It is to nourish and fuel the body. Try to keep emotions seperate from eating. This will help you to keep a balance and not over do it or starve yourself. Eating a sensible diet will not cause you to gain weight.

I hope this helps.
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2008
thanks friend!

yeah ive already started making a couple changes.
such as:
-eating in the morning for energy during the day
-eating less amount in the day, not binging.
-eating only healthy foods, (but even at that,
i still feel really bad)
-not puking. bad for teeth & makes your face
get inlarged.

ive researched eating disorders a whole lot.
but i still dont really stop.
but thinking about it & getting pains &
being threatened with ulsers & falling down
dead, its starting to hit me.
but losing weight still is on my mind.

i have gained a lot of weight since last time i
was anorexic.
i gained about 20 pounds.
im 5' 9-10"
& weigh 133 pounds.
thats terrible!

dropping back down is something im really
wanting to do. so i will see how it goes.

thank you!
|

replied May 28th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
You are not fat! You are lean. You may not be skinny but skinny insn't sexy or beautiful. Most men don't want a woman that is skin over bones. We have curves. Those curves are what men find attractive. You are a woman and you will have curves. That is good. Don't fixate on a number. Toned and lean muscles are in. Muscle weighs more than fat so as you gain muscle you will weigh more. Be fit and healthy. THAT is beautiful! You are a beautiful young woman. You can do this.
|
Users who thank antigone for this post: syntheticblue  Fairy Godmother 

replied June 27th, 2008
If you wanna look slim and wish to loose weight, then the best option is to go for regular exercise along with avoiding food with high calorie.
|

replied July 2nd, 2008
Experienced User
Wow, 5"10" and weigh a 133 you must look gorgeous! Once you are diagnosed with anorexia, stay in touch with your senses and eat healthy. Eat what you want girl - you are looking good at 5'10" 133 lbs. Eat what you want - and exercise to stay toned. Wow - wish I could weight 133! How old are you? Pasta and a lot of vegetables are great carboyhydrates without all of the fat. Look in the mirror and see that great body and go eat a pint of Blue Bell Banana Split Ice Cream for me!!!! You could have an ulcer, you could be Lactose Intolerant - just continue to stay in touch with your physician about your stomach pain. I know this is soooo hard, just keep in touch with professionals and hopefully one will be able to get you on a diet that will not upset your stomach.
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2008
hahah i love you guys<3

i am doing a lot better now! its been a while since i
replied, sorry!
but yes, i began to realize that i am doing fine the way
i am! i still drink a bunch of those yummy slimfast shakes.
haha. but thats ok. they have good vitamins!
im still lacking on the exercising. but thats ok Razz

i'll post again if im starting to have doubts. lol

<3
|

replied July 22nd, 2008
Hey syntheticblue
Its really great that you doing a lot better...a month back i was like you in the mindset of losing weight and u kno i lose 12 kg in a month...and after that also m fit and fine and very much healthy. It is very simple and easy process. If you want to know that tips if u still feel the change then you can ask anytime... otherwise you can go with your regular ways and exercise.
All the best gud luck
|

replied July 23rd, 2008
Weight Loss
Hey Syntheticblue,

One thing is good that u raised this topic because even there are lot of people who are suffering from such issues but they dont understand the seriousness of this if u don't pay attention to it on time.

I am also suffering from the similar problem, not that much serious but yeah want to loose some of my weight. As I am not that much tall in fact short in height because of which if I gain a little bit of weight also I look fat in that.
I feel like eating the whole day though I don't feel any kind of hunger pain. But recently I have started exercising and even i m trying to control my eating habits, so let's see how it works!

But because of you I came across this issue and got to lknow the seriousness and because of other people who replied on this i came to know the various ways to loose weight and things to remember for a healthy life.

Thank you friends!!!
|

replied July 24th, 2008
Hey arlen, its quite unbelievable that you lose 12 kgs a month, and feeling this a simple and easy process. Can you tell me the secret and direct me for this unbelievable task.
|

replied July 24th, 2008
Hi Jonnathan,

I am glad that you are also health conscious and want to loose some weight for fit life.

Well i have not done something extra, its just I controlled my eating and put it in the time table along with some normal exercise like walking, using staircase for up-down etc..

I drink lot of water like 4 liters or more a day, then I have fruits in the morning for breakfast. Have proper launch and after 2-2 hours I have some glucose biscuits to maintain sugar level in my body. Then I have my normal dinner, That's it!!

No rigorous exercise, no dieting, no major exercises and Boy i feel very fresh and light.
Isn't that simple, u also try and see the results. Inform me at that time for sure about your result. Very Happy
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2015
Oats are rich in fiber, so a serving can help you feel full throughout the day. Just a half cup packs 4.6 grams of Resistant Starch, a healthy carb that boosts metabolism and burns fat. Combine this with X-Slim for better results.
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Calculate your calories. Take nutrition as per calculation. This is the safest method to lose weight.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|

replied March 1st, 2019
lose weight on the 12-week plan
Don't skip breakfast. Skipping breakfast won't help you lose weight.
Eat regular meals. Eating at regular times during the day helps burn calories at a faster rate.
Get more active.
Drink plenty of water.
Eat high-fibre foods.
Read food labels.
Use a smaller plate.
|
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Weight Loss , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.