Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

How to Increase my Height

User Profile
My age is 23 and my height is 5 foot 4, please tell me the possible ways to increase my height atleast 2 inches more.
Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile nikhilaj_007
|

replied May 5th, 2012
Thought ur height is pretty final unless u have an op to break and extend ur legs and re-heal but that takes a good couple of yrs but surely they would only do that in extreme medical conditions.

Try high heels!!
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2012
Well as I suppose its too late for increasing height..You are 23 and that's a mature age..But one can try for a gym..There are several machines in the gym which can help you for increasing your height...
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2012
Yes i know its kind of late but are there any medication available which will help increase my height atleast 3-4cms...i heard about the leg breaking treatment but it takes time & lot of money...
any tablets or something...I do som streaching exercises daily.
Thanks.
|

replied May 5th, 2012
i am not so sure about whether can the machines from the gym can help with the heigh issue. However, i was always told to skipping rope makes one taller, plus its a good cardio exercise. hope this may help~
|

replied May 6th, 2012
its a mindset of people that height depends on the height of your parents but trust me height depends on your cartilage with a proper diet you can you can increase the growth of your cartilage which will directly effect to your height and there are a lot of exercise also like skipping u should also do sprint everyday...and i suggest you to play basketball.
have meal in every two hours it will help in releasing more hormones which will increase your height
sleep atleast 8 hours a day
|

replied July 9th, 2012
i have 5 foot and 8 inches height. i want to know that still i can make my height grow a bit. i am 22 years of age.
|

replied July 16th, 2012
Well there is a gland that controls the growth in all humans called hypothalamus which regulates the secretion of GH.

A persons height is determined by how our genes interact with the environment. If you live in a healthy way, you will achieve your greatest potential height. The most important things you can do are to get plenty of sleep, exercise regularly, eat a well balanced diet and avoid alcohol and drugs. Your body will continue to get taller until the growth plates on your bones close.
|

replied September 5th, 2012
Thanx for giving your opinion.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied December 24th, 2012
i am 18 years of old..but my height is only 5 feet 3 inch... i want to increase my height??? what proper diet should be taken to increase my height??
|

replied December 25th, 2012
h frndz im 23 urs old .. can any body tell me that how i increase my hieght by exercise or injoriuosless medicine plz reply . m woried abuot thiz.??
either exersie would be usfull or medicine...?
|

replied January 15th, 2013
Only exercise and workout without weight lifting can increase your website. Some product claim that it helps you to increase your height. But people in china have short height according to it i browse the website and found jintropin HGH which states that it increase your height and muscle but i"m not sure about it really does or not..
|

replied January 16th, 2013
Not sure about actually being able to increase your height but I'd also check your posture. You could try something like pilates too, which helps stretch you out a bit.
Other than that get yourself some killer heels Smile
|

replied February 13th, 2013
For increasing your height follow these steps:-
1)stretch your body specially your legs.
2)Don't take any supplement for increasing your height.
3)Start climbing.
4)Some yoga for increasing height .Search it on the internet.
5)Eat good and nutritional food .
|

replied March 13th, 2013
Hey ...
Here are some tips for increase height.Hop it will help you.

1.Lie down on your back, and then slowly stretch your right foot towards the left foot and left foot towards the right foot.Then bring back the foot to its normal position. Now just stretch your left foot towards left and right foot towards right, without overstretching.

2.Another effective exercise is sports exercise and games, following are the sports which may help to increase the long bone length. Swimming and cycling are the games which help in increasing the length of the long bones.

3.hold the bar that is 6 to 7 feet above the ground level. Now swing your body while hanging at the bar. Keeps your back straight while swinging on the bar.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....