Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

How to gain weight fast?

User Profile
Many of us want to be skinny while other try to gain weight
My problem is i want to gain weight most of all my life ive been skinny any suggestions that can help me out?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile cuttie_pie
|

replied November 8th, 2011
It may be different for different people but if you are having trouble because your metabolism is too fast then it is important not to get too hungry. I am not really trying to gain weight but I have this problem. Obviously you should try to eat more at meals but you should always carry snacks with you or make sure you can get food. You can gain weight with a fast metabolism just like anyone else but if you let yourself get overly hungry you will lose the gains you made. I would not try to gain weight fast. Just be consistent and have a snack before you get too hungry. That includes nighttime. Eat something before bed and even in the middle of the night if you have to. If you wake up super hungry in the morning it is a problem. Good Luck
|

replied November 9th, 2011
Experienced User
Increasing your meal frequency will help regulate and normalize the flow of nutrients into your body. You don’t want to be on a three 1000-calorie meal daily diet - you’ll be getting three sugar crashes a day and, most importantly, you’ll go catabolic - storing more fat and losing muscle mass.
|

User Profile
replied November 15th, 2011
Well thanks for been helpful!Wink
|
Tags: weight, Nutrition
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....