Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

how to deal with insomnia?

hard to fall sleep everynight. it is so fidgety! without good sleeping without a good mood everyday .i feel i look very pale and old . how to get a good sleep and a happy life?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 29th, 2015
There are ways you can trick yourself into dozing off. Just remember first thing first, try therapy and do these tricks. Record how much and when you sleep, fatigue levels throughout the day, and any other symptoms. Establish a regular bedtime routine (Find activities that help you wind down before bed), use the bed appropriately, don’t smoke, see a doctor, exercise early in the day and limit caffeine.
|

replied April 29th, 2015
Active User, very eHealthy
Good suggestions from LeenaMarilda. To that I would add much insomnia comes from worry about sleep itself, and bad sleep habits. If this continues to be an issue, you might look into CBT sleep training methods. CBT is cognitive behavioral therapy, and it usually is very helpful when there is no underlying medical problem causing insomnia.
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2015
I would exercise! Check out videos on youtube which could help?
|

replied May 14th, 2015
Active User, very eHealthy
I sleep poorly too, but have u ever tried to listen to children's (not very young children's tho) songs as Whenever i am afraid, or Do not worry by Steve green. utube has some videos also.
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2015
Here are some of the questions that are asked in a website for the Insomnia article. Please see it below.
Are you under a lot of stress?
Are you depressed or feel emotionally flat or hopeless?
Do you struggle with chronic feelings of anxiety or worry?
Have you recently gone through a traumatic experience?
Are you taking any medications that might be affecting your sleep?
Do you have any health problems that may be interfering with sleep?
Is your sleep environment quiet and comfortable?
Are you spending enough time in sunlight during the day and in darkness at night?
Do you try to go to bed and get up around the same time every day?
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied June 9th, 2015
I heard it's a very prevalent problem. People of all ages suffer from it. I'm not an exception. I drink green tea with mint and camomile before sleeping and it helps me to solve this problem. You may try black tea with these components too, perhaps it will help you. Good luck!
|

replied July 25th, 2015
Extremely eHealthy
CHECK TO MAKE SURE NO CAFFEINE IN THE TEA. OR USE PEPPERMINT OR OTHER ONES THAT HAVE NO TEA OR CAFFEINE IN IT..............
|

replied July 31st, 2015
Extremely eHealthy
You really should avoid all caffeine....tea has caffeine...even the tea that says no caffeine has caffeine in it....only plain peppermint & fruit is no tea at all...chamomile is ok.....coffee, chocolate, soda and energy drinks should be avoided......there is a tape of the ocean going in & out ....very helpful.......music on very soft......a fan blowing low air.......something to mask the sound inside. If reading in bed helps your eyes become tired than that is good for you. Watching TV will keep your mind going.
Best wishes for a good nights sleep...You will feel better and better each day that you get more sleep.
|

replied July 14th, 2015
If you suffer from Insomnia & not able to get proper sleep at night then some sleeping aids like Zopilcone Tablets, Ambien Tablets, diazepam pills are hep you get restful & calm sleep.
|

replied July 28th, 2015
Some Home remedies which you can try for your sleeping issues:
1. Drink mixture of warm milk & honey every night
2. Nutmeg powder aids in good sleep
3. Use lettuce juice
4. Bathing with hot water before bedtime
5. Yoga, meditation, aromatherapy, music therapy, acupressure are good in sleeping disorders
6. A mixture of cinnamon, buttermilk, honey

These remedies are to be used only in mild conditions, in case of severe or chronic conditions you should visit your doctor.
|

replied October 25th, 2015
Sleep hygeine
I concur with what has been said.

1. Moderate Exercise (30+ min per day)

2. Bright light from sunlight or Dawn Simulator in the morning

3. Limit eating and drinking before bed.

4. NO computer or cellphone use before bed.

5. Dark sleep environment.

6. White noise machine.
|
Quick Reply