Hello! I have a serious problem that disturbs me and people around me a lot. And the name of the problem is "bad breath". I've tried all the methods listed and bought high-quality toothpaste. Still nothing helps. What other things could you recommend?
Sincerely
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile pujansoni
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Bad breath halitosis has many causes. Oral causes and GI causes. All of them need to be ruled out one by one. First consult an oral hygienist and let them rule them out all, after that next step will be to look for GI causes like diverticula, GERD etc.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|

replied January 29th, 2018
You can try using a mouthwash that contains Chlorine Dioxide and Zinc Compounds. These ingredients should help fight off the sulphur compounds possibly causing your bad breath in the first place.

I would consult a dentist beforehand to get a better idea of what he problem is as the mouthwash will only provide monetary relief.
|

replied May 12th, 2018
Halitosis or bad breath can happen to almost anyone. A wide range of factors like dry mouth, smoking, foods that are high in protein, acid or sugar and smoking all result in Halitosis. Tooth decay and illness can also contribute to bad breath.

|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied November 26th, 2018
You can take a stab at utilizing a mouthwash that contains Chlorine Dioxide and Zinc Compounds. These fixings should enable battle to off the sulfur mixes potentially causing your terrible breath in any case.

|

User Profile
replied December 26th, 2018
Hello, thanks for asking the Question.

Here are some tips for How to cure bad breath:

Brush your teeth and floss regularly.

Brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss at least once a day. This should effectively remove the food and bacteria trapped between your teeth and gum line.

Clean your tongue.

Brushing and flossing is not usually enough. The tongue is also a breeding ground for bacteria, dead cells and food debris. Use your toothbrush to brush your tongue or a tongue cleaner.

Hydrate often.

A dry mouth happens when there is not enough saliva in the mouth. This usually happens when you sleep and wake up with "morning breath." But it can occur at any time of day. Saliva is necessary to help clean your mouth and wash away food particles. Drink a lot of water throughout the day to help stimulate saliva production.

Watch what you eat.

It is easy to avoid eating foods that tend to be the main culprits of bad breath, but you must also be wary of your diet. High protein and low carbohydrate diets may be good for your health but they can cause a foul odor in your mouth. Not eating enough carbohydrates will trigger your body to burn fat instead of sugar and, therefore, cause bad breath.

Visit your dentist.

If you have already practiced good oral care habits but still have bad breath, it might be time to see your dentist to check if your breath is being caused by a more serious issue.
|
Users who thank pujansoni for this post: sonipujan 
Quick Reply
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Dental Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.