Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

How much waterdo you Drink Daily...?

How Much water Will you drink daily? And your suggestion.

Awesome thanks.
Pravu
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
You are supposed to drink about 8 8 oz glasses a day (although it can vary from person to person depending on your size, certain activities you are doing throughout the day, pregnancies, etc).
|

replied May 1st, 2008
I normaly drink like maybe 2 sodas a day and 2 glasses of milk. Normaly dont drink water much but laitly I been trying to drink 2 liters a day.
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2008
Community Volunteer
2 liters is good. Actually a recent study found that you just drink when you are thirsty and not to worry about the 8 glasses a day. It's going to end up different for everyone how much they need depending on body type, age, activity level, climate, elevation, etc.
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2014
never too much water for personal activities
I am currently trying to lose weight and drinking water is a big factor, that is all the liquid that goes in my body. I drink maybe 7 to 9-12oz. Bottles a day, more when I workout. Water fills the body instead of feeling hungry and great for the skin when losing weight. Water is a very important part of anyone's life.
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2014
Drinking 2-3L of water per day is what I live by, 2L min-not including exercise. I'm an athlete and I've been competing around my country and the world since I was 8 years old, so water is such a big part of my nutrition and health. I'm a petite person too (5'2", 110pounds) and I need this much water daily. If you feel thirsty, you're already dehydrated.

Try to avoid drinking soft drinks, energy drinks and high sugar drinks (gatorade, powerade, fruit juice) as they actually dehydrate your body and cause muscle tension and stress. It's also best to sip your water continuously throughout the day rather than drinking large quantities in short periods of time because you're body won't absorb it properly. Filtered water is best, usually because it doesn't have as much chlorine or fluoride in it (I could talk alot about what those chemicals do to your body but

When exercising, depending on the intensity, your fitness level and the duration of your exercise will depend on how much you'll need. You'll have to listen to your body. When I train I usually have at least 1.5-2L with me for a 3 hour training session, however I do drink 1L about an hr before I train. The key is that you shouldn't be drinking water because you feel thirsty.

Anyway, I could keep writing so much more but it would be pages long. I've actually written a free report about water benefits and other nutritional tips

Hope this helped! Smile
|

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2014
Hi aipravu,

You can take everyone's advice, but you have to understand that depending on your body, you must drink different amounts of water!

A 6-foot-tall 240-pound man needs more water than a 5-foot-tall 110-pound woman. The formula to know how much was you need is:

Your body Weight divided by 2.

That gives you the amount of ounces of water you should drink daily. So if you weight 150 pounds, you should drink 75 ounces of water. Or you can also get hydrated by natural juices if you cannot stand to drink so much water.
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2014
Drink about 2-3L water or more in a day. water is essential for our body. water help you to lose the body weight. water keeps your body hydrated that helps you in building the body muscles. lots of disease can be cure by drinking maximum water. acidity, ulcer problem will be solved if you are drink 2-3L water. water make your skin glow everytime.

those who have the problem of acidity is resolve by drinking water because water dilute the acid generated in the body.
|
Tags: Nutrition
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....