Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

How much should I weigh for my height?

I am 5"2 and I weigh 10 1/2 stone. I am aware this is too heavy, and I would like to know how much I should weight for how tall I am.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 23rd, 2014
I was told I should be about six to seven stone, is this correct? Or Would that be too light?
|

replied April 2nd, 2014
Hi! I'm not familiar with "stone" but I did just Google it haha. If I understand correctly in pounds 6 to 7 stone would only be a maximum of 98 pounds! That is way too light! I guess that roughly 14 pounds is equal to 1 stone (correct me if I'm wrong). To fit the proper BMI you would need to fall a little under 9 stone (124 lbs). Just a little piece of advise, don't concentrate so much on the number in which you need to be. Focus on how YOU feel. Don't let the negativity of other people bring you down. If you're looking to lose weight and concentrate on bettering yourself, I can help you. A number is just a number and can change at any time. Focus on a small goal and work your way toward the bigger picture. The littlest milestones can bring the biggest results! Keep your head up!
|

replied April 3rd, 2014
Hi Smile thanks for you answer. Yes, 14 pounds is equal to one stone. I still do imperial (stones, pounds, feet, inches), instead of metric (centimetres and kilograms). I had guessed 6-7 stone may have been too light, but I wasn't sure, because who told me that was about six foot tall, meaning I would have looked really small to them. I would like to lose weight and better myself, I feel I am too heavy for what I should be. I have lost a little bit since posting the question, I weigh 10 stone 5lbs (145 pounds or 65.7 kg).
|
Tags: Fitness, weight
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....