I had high iver enzymes .
How long can i take milk thistle supplements? Been taking since january this year . How long could i take. I take about 1 or 2 dosage per day. Recommended dosage about 3 dosage per day. How long can i take this
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 22nd, 2017
Welcome to e health forum.

A range of doses have been described in the literature between 280-800mg of milk thistle or silymarin daily, As such most recommendations suggest 100-200mg three times daily alongside your meals.

The need for use of safe form of herbal supplements to improve your health is acceptable, as long as your doctor has not objected, keeping in mind the medical conditions that you may be suffering from.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.