Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Diagnostics & Test Results Forum

How long would THC [mj] stay in your system if only used once?

Hi I am about 5'8 , 135 pounds. New years day i Decided to smoke weed. I took literally about 2 puffs that's it. I never smoked before. I wanted to clean my system of the weed, so since new years I been drinking cranberry juice and gallons of water a day, so much every time I pee its clear. I was wondering if my system would be clear of the thc by Wednesday?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Gaelic
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2013
Especially eHealthy
new2yu,

Unfortunately, marijuana (THC) is fat soluble. Thus, it will be stored in the fat cells, and only gradually released for elimination.

However, with only two puffs on the joint, you did not take in much THC.

In a chronic user, who stops suddenly, can have THC released from the system for up to about a month.

It is not really possible flush out the THC which is in the fat cells. But, again, with only two puffs, you probably do not have much, if any in the fat cells. But, that cannot be guaranteed.

If you are taking a drug test on Wednesday, as to whether you show positive, will depend upon the type of test used, and what they use as a level to determine "positive".

Most tests, (dip stick, etc) test for a certain level of the substance in the sample. But, if the test is a GC/MS (gas chromatograph/mass spectrometry), it can test for any substance detectable in the sample.

So, it is unlikely that you will test positive. But, that is not a guarantee.

Good luck.
|

replied January 5th, 2013
Thank you. ! Gaelic
|
Quick Reply