Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Wound Care Forum

how I should tend to my wound that's lanced, packed by dr

User Profile
About a week ago I had a bug bite of some kind come up, or I thought it just got bigger and bigger and very painful, after about four days if being in pain I went to a little clinic they gave me antibiotics they weren't working so I went to my family doctor he lanced it drained it, and packed it with 10inches of gulls, he only told me to take it out in two days can any one give me further instructions on how I should bathe for the next week and how I should tend to my wound it about a quarter size Hole and I am taking these prescriptions '' bactrin ds'' by mouth twice a day for two days then he gave me prescription for a cream called bactrin also I believe, I need help please please please I'm just so scared to get anything like this again it was so painful I would appreciate any explanation and advice from a educated person!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 8th, 2014
Infectious Diseases Answer A49146
Thank you for asking

Abscess has already been drained and all it needs now dressing and wound care. Continue the prescription. Bath and do bath. Use saline water for washing of the wound. Use bactrin cream and apply it over the wound.

Dress it daily every 12 hourly and just keep it clean and dressed with iodine and saline solutions and use the prescribed medicines.

You will be fine.

I hope it helps. Visit our health centre for further guidance.

Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Wound Care , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.