Pro-life and anti-death penalty
Pro-choice and pro-death penalty
Pro-choice and anti-death penalty
4%  4%  [ 1 ]
9%  9%  [ 2 ]
57%  57%  [ 12 ]
28%  28%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 21
Let's see here. How many of you are pro-life AND pro-death? It's a simple poll.

If you're pro-life and anti-death penalty, then congratulations, you're not a hypocrite! You're pro-life for everyone, including the innocent fetus and the serial killer.

If you're pro-life and pro-death penalty, how do you justify killing the grown person? Because they've committed a crime worthy of death? That's fairly logical, though a little hypocritical - isn't it a pro-life slogan that "everyone" is worthy of life?

If you're pro-choice and pro-death penalty, then congratulations, you're also not a hypocrite! Death for everyone. Then again you probably view the fetus as a criminal anyway.

If you're pro-choice and anti-death penalty... then you are one weird cookie. It's ok to kill a completely innocent fetus that has never committed a crime and is only doing (with no choice of its own) what biology has made it do to become a new fresh life, BUT it's "terrible" to execute a serial killer who has raped seven small children? You're the biggest hypocrite out there.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 1st, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
I like the vile way you've compared a woman's choice over what medical risks to put her own body through to the execution of a psychotic murderer. It really says a lot about you. Evidently you feel that women have no right to prevent or defend against health problems caused by a fetus but anyone else has the right to kill a mentally retarded person who is strangling them to death.

The presence or absence of guilt has nothing to do with whether a woman chooses to incubate a pregnancy. The fetus isn't possessed of a conscious mind and therefore is incapable of doing anything out of malignancy OR benevolence. It has no thoughts, feelings, emotions or even self-awareness until much farther along in the pregnancy than legal abortion is allowed without extenuating circumstances, so I find it odd that you are trying so hard to compare it to fully grown, fully sentient human beings in its capacity for doing good or bad.

If a person who wasn't capable of knowing that rape was wrong were raping me, I would kill him. His "innocence" doesn't change what he's doing to my body and it doesn't negate my right to defend myself. A fetus is "innocent" of knowing or caring that it's sucking the calcium out of its mother's bones and causing cavities, aches, fractures and eventually osteoporosis, but the ignorance of the perpetrator doesn't negate the woman's right to defend herself from the harm.

I do support the death penalty. Unfortunately rapists, child molesters and prolife terrorists get away with violating human rights and murdering souls every day without punishment.
|

replied May 1st, 2008
I am pro life and anti death penalty
|

replied May 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I am pro-choice not because I like abortion or agree with it but because I believe women need to have the option of safe abortions. Criminalising abortion will not stop abortions and will only cause women to die as well as foetuses.

This is why I'm anti death penalty:

"Let him have it Chris."
|

replied May 1st, 2008
I am also pro choice in that I believe everyone should choose to be pro life
|

replied May 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Boy, do some people have a simplistic view of the world. It must be nice over there on Planet La-La.
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
How ridiculous are you?
Do you eat tomatoes and ride roller coasters?

Do you not eat tomatoes, and ride roller coasters anyways?

Do you eat tomatoes while riding roller coasters?

Do you pelt the people down below with tomatoes while riding the roller coaster?

Because, you know, they relate to one another and you can decide character traits based on these answers. Laughing
|

replied May 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Just completely apropos of nothing, I am pro-choice with regard to the death penalty -- I think it should be the choice of someone convicted if they want to spend the rest of their life in prison, or to be executed.
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2008
Quote:
If you're pro-choice and anti-death penalty... then you are one weird cookie. It's ok to kill a completely innocent fetus that has never committed a crime and is only doing (with no choice of its own) what biology has made it do to become a new fresh life, BUT it's "terrible" to execute a serial killer who has raped seven small children? You're the biggest hypocrite out there.

Wow, I can't believe so many of my posts have been deleted, yet this remains.

I am not a hypocrite. The people who are protected under the Constitution are BORN citizens. Try reading it sometime. People on death row also aren't physically attached to their victim.

Crap.
|

replied May 2nd, 2008
Experienced User
I have not called any of you hypocrites. You answered the poll voluntarily and provided your viewpoints voluntarily. I did not say "Birch, you are a hypocrite". You also choose to be offended voluntarily - I can't force you to do any of these things. But if you find the post offensive, then why haven't you reported it? There's a system for it now isn't there? Why hasn't the mod removed this offensive post, instead of replying in an inflammatory manner as she has done?

You think a pregnant woman is a victim? Talk about criminalizing an innocent fetus... I thought the feminist movement was about empowering women; and here you are comparing her to a murder victim? Who's offensive now?

Thirdly, I did not mention nor do I care to engage in a discussion over the ethics of the death penalty. I have simply shown to you all something you clearly dislike hearing: Abortion kills an unborn being that by law has committed no crimes, is innocent, and has infinite potential. Capital punishment kills a born person who has committed a heinous crime; done something so terrible that other people wish death upon him or her. Yet you would rather save the life of the criminal than the fetus.

I find that offensive. If your only defense is "the criminal isn't attached to the body of his victim" then I think some serious reevaluations on your stance need to be done, especially when the attachment of the the fetus to the woman's body is not the choice of either of them.

To think about it in another way: you are pro-capital punishment only when the being to be killed is defenseless, unborn, undeveloped and when you can dehumanize it. When it's a full grown person you suddenly have sympathy only because it's "not attached" to the people it harms. Brilliant, really. Golf claps for everyone.
|

replied May 2nd, 2008
Experienced User
oopoopoop wrote:
Just completely apropos of nothing, I am pro-choice with regard to the death penalty -- I think it should be the choice of someone convicted if they want to spend the rest of their life in prison, or to be executed.

Hm, that's an interesting standpoint. Do you think many prisoners would choose death? Is it a decision they can make at any time; wouldn't it be legalized suicide?
|

replied May 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Jude-Love wrote:
Wow, I can't believe so many of my posts have been deleted, yet this remains..

I haven't deleted any of your posts Confused Are you talking about this forum? Let me know if it happens again...
|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2008
I never said pregnant women were victims or that fetuses were criminals. YOU made that comparison when you compared abortion to the death penalty.

I know that abortion terminates a life, I don't need to be in denial about that. I know it ends a life and I still support it. What I do not acknowledge is an innocent fetus. To be innocent, you need to have a concept of what is right and what is wrong and I think we can all agree that a fetus does not have that concept and won't until a few years after it is born.

The fact that fetuses are physically dependent on the mother is not my only arguement, so yay on another assumption from you. I just mentioned it to point out your obvious inconsistencies. Abortion is nothing like capital punishment, so stop comparing them.
|

replied May 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
2ccapezza wrote:
oopoopoop wrote:

Hm, that's an interesting standpoint. Do you think many prisoners would choose death? Is it a decision they can make at any time; wouldn't it be legalized suicide?

Is suicide illegal? I also strongly believe in voluntary euthanasia -- no one should be forced to remain alive if they personally feel they would be better off dead. People who are depressed and suicidal should obviously be offered every form of counselling and medication available, but if someone doesn't feel life is worth living, they should certainly have the right to end it.
|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2008
Actually, the OP did call me a hypocrite. "You're the biggest hypocrite out there."
|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Who's offended? I thought the poll was pretty funny and arbitrary so I responded appropriately. Laughing I didn't even say what my beliefs are, so you wouldn't even know if you called me a "hypocrite" or not. Very Happy
|

replied May 2nd, 2008
"If you're pro-life and pro-death penalty, how do you justify killing the grown person? Because they've committed a crime worthy of death? That's fairly logical, though a little hypocritical - isn't it a pro-life slogan that "everyone" is worthy of life?..."

Ok, I am pro life, and pro-death penalty. And here is why.

I believe that a baby has the right to life live to the fullest possible. A baby shouldn't have that right to life, that choice taken from him/her.

If a grown man/woman who has actually had the chance to live, is killing, or raping, or torturing others, etc, then (mind my language) Hell yes they should go!

In fact, I think murderers should be killed they way they killed.
|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2008
Experienced User
saria231 wrote:

In fact, I think murderers should be killed they way they killed.

I think this is a great idea....I have said the exact same thing myself many times. (I voted pro-choice and pro death penalty)
|

replied May 2nd, 2008
It's the old elementary school "golden rule." Treat others the way you want to be treated. Smile
|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Pro-choice, pro-death penalty.
|