Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

How effective is drinking lemon water for weight loss?

Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....
It is told that lemon water helps with weight loss, but how effective is it? But just drinking lemon water throughout the day, how much weight could you possibly lose in a week? I am curious to know how effective it really is in losing weight.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 17th, 2018
drinking lemon water early in the morning helps you to clean your digestive system.The search for the perfect weight loss method is a never-ending journey for people who feel they need to shed some pounds. Being overweight, or worse, being obese is a serious concern not only in the US, but in all parts of the world.for effective weight loss you can go with HCG.
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2018
If you were to speak with health professionals, they would tell you that drinking lemon water in the morning does NOT boost your metabolism or help you lose weight. Contrary to popular belief, it does Not boost your metabolism. There is not a single study to support that drinking lemon water alone will help you lose weight.

One the other hand, there is a good amount of knowledge that can be gained from this wives-tail. First, drinking water before a meal actually decreases your hunger and is proven to make you eat less. Getting the recommend amount of water each day (9-11.5 cups of water a day for women, and 13-15.5 for men) increases your resting energy expenditure, meaning that you will be burning more fat, even when you are sitting on your couch watching tv. Dehydration doesn't just stall weight loss, it actually makes you gain weight.

Lemon is great for you! It's full of vitamin C, which helps to keep your immune system strong. Though it won't help you lose weight, drinking lemon water regularly will actually help you decrease your chances of kidney stones and heart disease.
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2018
Experienced User
Just remember that if there are problems with the stomach, then you can not drink on empty stomach with lemon.
|

replied November 7th, 2018
I'm not sure lemon water will help you lose weight, but I do know that it's very good habit to get into as it has a great deal of benefits for your body.

Although lemons are acidic, they actually help alkalize the body. This helps with counteracting other acidic foods that are commonly consumed, such as meat and dairy.
I've also read that drinking lemon water daily helps with reduction in cancer risk! And as AndrewBrown said, it's high in Vitamin C. So there's definitely no reason to not drink lemon water. Smile

If you're looking for a drink that can help aid in weight loss, I hear that teas can be very good for you. Green tea has become very popular for it's richness in antioxidants and is said to help you lose weight.

I've also been looking at other methods to lose weight, as sometimes I don't have the time for exercise. Thankfully, my part-time job has me moving left and right all day. I've recently been trying matcha, since lots of people are saying it's even better than steeped tea.

Though recently I've heard of rooibos tea and have been wanting to try it myself. I don't really know many places that sell it, unfortunately. If you're curious about the benefits about rooibos tea, I'll go ahead and leave a link to the article I recently read down below. Smile

Keep us updated on any progress you make!
|

replied November 11th, 2018
it helps
|
Quick Reply