User Profile
hmmm
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 11th, 2009
Community Volunteer
For the same reason that you started...There's a better life on the other side....Take care...

Caroline
|

Experienced User
Be strong...
You have to want to quit- physical, mental, emotional withdrawals aside, I believe wanting to quit is the first step. Then, once you want that bad enough, you'll be stronger through the withdrawals. Don't worry about where you are a year from now, or even a week. Just take it one day at a time... worry about that present day, not tomorrow, when tomorrow comes then you face it. A good support system is always good too, it doesn't even take much, one good friend can be just as good as ten.
I don't know what you are trying to quit, but I do know like Caroline said, there definitely is a better life waiting for you on the other side.

Take care,

OC75
|

Experienced User
People often choose to become involved with support groups that focus on recovery. An underlying principle of these groups is relationship is so important for recovery. Isolation--trying to quit on your own--is more difficult. Meaningful support helps. Isolation is often a factor that perpetuates the addictive behavior.

Good luck to you.
|

User Profile
Supporter
You've gotten some good advice here. You really have to want to quit and do seek group support if possible.
|

replied December 12th, 2009
You have started to by asking the question in the first place. Just follow it through as the others said. Maybe go and see your doctor and get them to recomend somewhere you can go for help and support
|

replied December 12th, 2009
For me the best thing is to keep my life full of other things, mountain biking, work, friends, family, games, reading, writing, painting, cooking, exercise, swimming, sun bathing.. etc.
When I was using I didn't exercise, had a few bad friends, neglected my family, didn't read or write often, had no creative outlet, had social anxiety, and stayed inside a lot.
Everyones situation is unique, but hopefully you can relate.
|

replied December 21st, 2009
Well, Im not entirely sure why I keep commin back to this site, Mainly because It helps I think a bit to read some1 else's post about addiction, pain, depression, hell being Bipolar as well. A little about myself.. Im 27 years young, Like many many others, grew up in a battered home till I was then taken to fauster care till the age of 13. Needless to say, at the age of 15, I ran away.. I have always had an addicting personality I know.. I spose it runs in the family. Along with mental health problems.. From the age of 15 to 18, I found myself hooked on cocaine, then crack not shortly there after. With the help of my aunt, I then went to a rehab called Dakota House just outside Grand Rapids, Mi. Being sober lasted just weeks being that I went right back to where it all started. At the age of 17, I ended up with a man 23 yrs my senior. Him being a drug dealer, I figured this worked to my atvantage.. I could now smoke pot for "free".. God, Its NOT free people! I used to be such a good person.. I worked so hard, & loved what I did..Now, Im an empty shell..The only thing filling me are my pain pills.. Which at one time I thought made me feel better, gave me that "umph".. Damn, now here it is 11-12 years later.. I have no job anylonger, I lost any & all friends that truly cared.. I feel empty & alone in this Hell thats called life. I have quit & went back exactly 14 times now. This last time being the very longest ever sober. Just over a year. Some of u r prolly saying, well damn if you can go that long.. y not stay clean?? God if it was that easy.. This last time I cleaned up something in me snapped, I felt as if I was truly loosing my mind.. I felt absolutely crazy. My mind would race uncontrolably. Not one single thought stayed long enough to make sence out of it.. I started hearing things that I know arnt really there.. I would catch myself even wondering if what i just saw was even real.. scared to death that I was loosin my mind, I went to a doctor.. After what seemed like forever, I was diagnosed as Bipolar along with somethin else im not sure how to spell.. Dont ask y, but I again flew bk to Michigan, quit my crazy meds & picked up my pain pills... & now, here I sit.. I just had to write it down, type it out.. PLZ dear God, help me...
|

User Profile
replied December 21st, 2009
Community Volunteer
It is good that you keep coming back here...It is a good site...I believe that your most important lesson in life both to learn and to remember, is to forget your yesterday...It is your past...It so gone...Forget all the bad memories that haunt you....They are who you used to be...Who we see now is who you are....And may I add honey, God is helping you....This is why you came back...

I send you my love....and pray you may find peace within to go forward in your life...

Caroline
|

User Profile
replied December 22nd, 2009
Experienced User
well i think that to quit you have to do it. you have to go against others' beliefs about you and do what you need too do. trust that things will work out.
|

Hello again.. I just wanted to say thank you for both of the posts. It really does my heart good to "hear" someone that cares, even if we dont know one another.. & Caroline, U truly made my day when u said that God IS lookin out for me, I hadnt really thought about it that way until reading ur post. Ive made a choice.. & I pray to god its whats best.. Im going bk to Tx, 1st to in patient rehab.. then bk to the man I was with for almost 2 yrs.. Idk if its whats best, but I know I cant do it here..The crap is handed to me all day everyday.. I look horrible, feel horrible. Somethings got to give. >.<
|
Users who thank Lotus Pod for this post: CarolineEF 

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Lotus Pod wrote:
Hello again.. I just wanted to say thank you for both of the posts. It really does my heart good to "hear" someone that cares, even if we dont know one another.. & Caroline, U truly made my day when u said that God IS lookin out for me, I hadnt really thought about it that way until reading ur post. Ive made a choice.. & I pray to god its whats best.. Im going bk to Tx, 1st to in patient rehab.. then bk to the man I was with for almost 2 yrs.. Idk if its whats best, but I know I cant do it here..The crap is handed to me all day everyday.. I look horrible, feel horrible. Somethings got to give. >.<

.........Honey, thank you...Reading what you just wrote makes my posting have a true meaning...Life is living and learning and learning and learning and learning...Sweetie, baby steps...Find your way back and then go forward....It's really a great life out there...I send you all my love....

Caroline 4you
|

User Profile
replied December 31st, 2009
Supporter
Re: how do you quit?
tannerz_rja wrote:
hmmm

hi :)what are you addicted to?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....