Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

How do I know if my boyfriend is using/addicted again ?

I've been seeing my my boyfriend for a very long time and we broke up because of the amount of weed he smoked and how he was treating me while he was using it, he was a severe addict. He then stopped and decided to turn his life around for me, he claims he's been off of its for months now. We recently got back together and things have been great for a few months. However he then turned up smelling very strongly of it, his hair, his breath, everything. I personally don't want to go through the stress of coping with the weed addiction with him and it would not be worth my time as I'm moving to England next year. He says that he was around people who were smoking it and he was smoking a cigarette. Previously he lied all the time how do I know if he was lying again as his breathe smelt of weed?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2016
Experienced User
Actually you can't find if he continues to lie. Since you're smelling weed from his breath that's for sure he is taking it again.
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.You can get his urine tested for the addiction or any substance abuse. Breath analysers would be abit difficult to sneak with. If he is not putting your relationship over his addiction he is not worth it.

Take care
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Addiction, Recovery , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.