Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

How Can People Cope With ADD?

There are several ways that a person can cope with these types of disorders, but it depends on the age. If the person is a school-age child, then they would need to do things that they are interested in like tactile items such as balls that are soft and spongy and making gooey things like slime which is extremely helpful for their sensory aspects. If the person is a teenager, stress balls can be a lot of fun to make. They are balls made out of balloons and they have some different ingredients in them. Some balls that I have personally made for my student whom I am working with now are cornmeal, sand, cornstarch, baking soda, and flour. I mix many ingredients together in order to make a stress ball and it usually works out well. When the person becomes an adult, they will have learned behavioral modifications in which they can reduce their anger, reduce their stress, and function more into society. All of these things will become even more helpful for people who have ADD.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Psychotherapy sessions like CBT are very much helpful to learn self coping mechanisms.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our ADD and ADHD , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.