Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Asthma Forum

How can I treat acute asthma in a diabetes patient?

When do we need to use oral steroids to control an acute asthma in a type 2 diabetes patient? What dose could we use? Do we need to to use insulin at the same time if the diabetes isn't in control?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i want you to know that asthma severity decides use of steroids. If the symptoms are not controlled and the sentences cant be completed or nocturnal cough or dyspnea and wheeze is there with infective exacerbations then long acting steroids should be considered. Let you pulmonologist or a physician decide what is best for you.

Take care

|

replied February 18th, 2019
Hello Muhammad Khalil Sir,

I have see your Answer. Thank you For Reply And Best Suggestion me.

Thank you.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Tags: Asthma, Diabetes
Quick Reply
Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Asthma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.