Medical Questions > Nutrition > Gluten Free Diet Forum

How can i tell if gluten is good for me or bad for me?

How can i tell if gluten is good for me or bad for me? i know there are alot of questions to answer and am willing to do so! I just want to understand and know what is good and or bad for me in general as i know every one is different! thanx! jim
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2014
thank you for asking
gluten is a normal ingredient of wheat and is good until and unless there are some gluten sensitive enteropathies or gluten intolerance which you would have known if you had.seek a dietitian or a gastroeterologist to sort it out for you by connecting all the dots for you and decide what is best and what is not for you. dont get banned yourself from some thing you dont have.
take care and visit our health centre for further guidance.
take car5e
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2014
There's basically two ways to find out if you're sensitive to gluten. First, is to simply take note and see if you have an adverse reaction after eating something containing gluten (anything with wheat, rye, or barley). The most common symptom is gut distress. However, some people are gluten sensitive and show no reaction. If affecting the gut, this could lead to "leaky gut" syndrome. For others it affects the brain and won't be apparent until many years later (possibly in the form of brain disease). The second, and best, way to check for gluten sensitivity is to get a blood test. You can request one from your doctor, or in some states you can find places online that will send you a kit, then analyze your results.
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2018
Experienced User
Only by testing you can find out what is good for you and what's bad.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Is Celiac disease a food allergy? (it is not) What causes Celiac and what puts you at risk for developing it? Basic facts about Celiac Disease here....
What can trigger celiac disease? And who is at risk of developing the disorder? Click here to learn more....
A range of symptoms manifest during Celiac Disease. Learn what signs and symptoms to look for, and when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gluten Free Diet , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.