hi everyone,
my name is avi
i'm suffering from IBS (at least thats what the doctors say) for 6 years.
it started when i was 20 years old, i ate a peice of bad meat and a few hours later it happened for the first time,
i felt very ill, i experienced strong abdominal pain followed with sharp stabbing sensation in my stomach and nausea, and in the end vomiting.
after a while of vomiting i went to the hospital and the gave me fluids pain killers and anti nausea meds, that helped me eventually.
a few days later it happened again, this time without eating bad meat.
and it was like this for a few weks, i was a regular in the hospital for a couple of months.
all of a sudden it stopped, and i had a few years of peace and quiet apart from the seconde symptom that was long staying in the toilet and sharp abdominal pain afterwards.
looking back i wish i can go back to that time when pain after the toilet was mt biggest concern.
anyway 5 years later i ate somthing bad that caused a lot of my family food poison, it happened about an year ago, and ever since my symptoms got worse,
those are my symptoms for the last year:
1. stomach pain
2. nausea
3. nausea while and after eating (my worst symptom)
4. vomiting
5. diarrhea every now and then
6. feeling of weakness after eating
7. weight loss (i think becuase im a little bit afraid to eat)
8. mucus in the stool
9. the need to go to the toilet even after beeing there 3 times for a long period each time
10. abdominal pain while doing any kind of physical exercise (gym, basketball, soocer, or even driving a car over a bumpy road)
those are the tests i did in the last year each and every one of them with a negative result:
1. abdominal CT
2. abdominal X-ray
3. breath test for Helicobacter pylori
4. colonoscopy
5. endoscopy twice
6. abdominal MRI (MRCP)
7. stool test for parasites
8. urine test
9. urine collection test
i think thats about all the test i've did.
for the past 8 months i've discoverd that smoking cannabis helps with the symptoms alot, and thats what kept me out of the hospital for a very long time.
now i've decided to stop smoking cannabis because it effects me with a bad side effects such as depression, lack of motivation and difficulty falling asleep.
before turning to cannabis as my way out of the symptoms i tried many treatments such as medications (cipralex, miro 30, and clonex, all the 3 are antidepressants that suppose to help with IBS), medical hypnosis, and now im trying acupuncture with not alot of help.
i refuse to believe that i have IBS, and that there is no answer for my symptoms beside smoking cannabis.
i went to so many doctors and tried so many things, my life is just not the same because of those symptoms.
please if theres anyone that knows what can i do to make this go away i need your help...
thank you
avi
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 13th, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

Yes, your symptoms could most likely be due to Irritable bowel syndrome.

Irritable bowel syndrome IBS, is a chronic functional disorder characterized by cramping abdominal pain or discomfort with alterations in bowel habits (bloating, constipation, and diarrhea).

These symptoms usually are present for at least 12 weeks in a patient during the previous one year, and unfortunately the onset or subsidence cannot be predicted.

IBS does not cause any permanent damage or any serious illness but the symptoms cause severe discomfort & distress affecting an individuals work, ability to travel and attend social events.

Most symptoms of IBS can be controlled with diet, stress management, and prescribed medications (laxatives, antidiarrheal, antispasmodics, or antidepressants).

In case you still have abdominal cramps, you can try to seek relief with over the counter medications like peptobismol. If they do not help, you may need prescription medications (Antispamodic agents) to relieve your pain, which your doctor can provide for you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.