Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

how can i get tested for infertility?

Hi i am a 26 year old female who has been using the implanon for 8 years due to suffering from migraines and i had one miscarriage in 2008 after coming off it for a while. how can i get tested for infertility when only one miscarriage has occoured, as im sure im infertile. please i need to put my mind at rest
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 9th, 2011

Welcome to ehealthforum

You can go for a detailed pelvic examination along with USG scan,hormonal analysis to rule out.But for being pregnant you will have to get the Implant removed and try conceiving as it can take even a year for few woman to conceive after that.If you have conceived once then getting pregnant again should not be a problem.

Take Care!

Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 23rd, 2011
pregnant after miscarriage. but i got dizzy so am i pregnant? but my period stop 3 days ago
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 25th, 2011
You'll probably have to fight with your physician to get them to do anything (unfortunately). I've been TTC for 3+ years now, and it took 2 years to get a doctor to send me to a specialist because they kept telling me that I was too young to get pregnant and worry about infertility (I'm about to be 26). I suggest that you start doing a BBT chart and keep a journal about CM, symptoms, and coitus. It's a lot of information, but if it helps get someone's attention it's worth it. Good luck to you! I've also had to mc's so if you need someone to talk to I'm here for you! I'll keep you in my prayers!
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Infertility , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.