Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

How can i get help for teen depression?

I'm 15. I'm a recovering anorexic, and I think I'm suffering from teen depression. I tried to commit suicide twice in the past year, and haven't gained any of the weight i lost during my anorexic times back. I don't want people to find out about this because on the outside im look great. I'm a straight A student 3rd in my class. Played soccer starting at age 4 and have gone on to the junior Olympics. People assume i'm happy but i'm not. My biggest fear is letting my parents down. I strive to make them happy. I try to be prefect for them Every time i'm not it hurts and tears me down more and more.
I need help but am afraid because i don't want people to know. can you tell me what i should be doing to try and solve this on my own? or how to get help without people knowing? i hate it when i let people down and think this would be really hard to admit to my friends and family.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2009
Experienced User
Ok so lets see what we can do!
so you say your a recovering anorexic & you havent put on any weight,do you have any idea why? is it that which is causing the depression or the fear of letting your family & friends down!
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2009
Experienced User
longshadow!
would it be ok to send you a private message through the safety of this site, or if you want you could message me, do you know how, click my " behind the 8 ball" picture on the new page "send me a message" neither your or my address details will be revealed to one & other! Ican reply in the same page back!
Your choice!
|

replied November 13th, 2009
Is there a school counselor whom you would feel comfortable talking with? It doesn't sound like this is something you should try to tackle alone. Everyone needs help sometime. In fact, I don't know of one person who hasn't needed help at some point in their life. Please speak with a counselor because they are specially trained to help people with troubles.
|

replied April 15th, 2013
I know how you feel. I'm 16 and I'm just like you. I feel like I had it all but now I have nothing. I became extremely depressed and quit everything I loved. I became bulimic and by telling my best friend I lost her. I feel like I can't talk to my parents about any of this. I'm ashamed and don't want anyone to know what I've done. No matter how hard I try I just can't make myself happy. I just don't care anymore. All I do is fight with my parents and I'm tired of it. My grades have dropped, I've lost my best friend, and I hate everything. But the worst part is I want help but I have no idea how to get it without letting everyone down
|

replied April 16th, 2013
Hello Longshadow,
Regular exercise and enough sleep are the best methods that protects the teen from depression. Spend time supportive friends and family.
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....