To clarify: t-tubes for the common bile duct (silicon--if that matters) At first I thought they were simply pulled out, but the diameter of both ends of the 'T' is going to be larger than the bottom of the 'T'.. So how are they removed? Surgically?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 9th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Yes t tube is removed surgically as well as via ERCP. Consult a gastroenterologist and let them help.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bile Duct Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.