Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

how allergies are identified?

hi.......
i just want to know how can i identify a particular allergy?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 4th, 2014
I had a Ige Skin test done at a Allergist office. It sucks but it's really a relief knowing what is causing problems for me. Other than seeing a doc for a antibody and skin test, the only thing you can do is elimination of both chemical and food.

Keep a Diary, One for Chemicals/Everyday objects like hand soap etc. One for food.

Food allergies are tough but the Chem sensitivity is a bit easier. I wrote down all the products I was using and looked up the ingredients. I made a Database and found the common ingredients that were in my products that could cause potential problems. I pretty much went total hippy and used very simple, fragrance and dye free products. It could be anything toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo, Nut allergies as there are Nut based oils in products, it could be fragrances or even dyes. I washed with Baking soda for everything and made my own shampoo and rinsed with vinegar for weeks. I only brushed my teeth with baking soda. I used on shea butter as a moisturizer. Once I knew that those things were not bothering me, I slowly brought products back in one at a time and logged in if I had a reaction. For me it typically meant immediate reaction or within a 24 hour time period if it was rash related.

Turned out I have multi sensitivities and it was not just one thing. Going to an allergist helped me sort it out but I had an idea before seeing him and brought him my notes.
|

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i want you to know that your doctor can help your allergens. They can run some allergens testing and decide the management plan accordingly.

Take care
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Allergies , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.