User Profile
One of my friends told me that if you have a hot shower, because of the heat the water will make you get more acne.
I was just wondering if this was true?

Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2009
Community Volunteer
I have found that hot water can be more of a culprit than a healing agent...I found this out from washing my hair as it itched so much afterwards...I checked this out and found that hot water dries your skin, thus the itching...Hot water on your face may feel good at the time, but lukewarm water is better....I have used this same thinking when I get out of the shower...I go to a low lukewarm finish before opening the shower doors to exit...IMO, hot water can burn your skin and lukewarm soothes it....Good luck...

Caroline
|

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2009
thankyou Smile
|
Tags: Acne, skin, acne skin
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....