Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Horrible depressive episode won't seem to end.

User Profile
I know that theres always an end to mania and depression and a beginning for remission but lately I see no end to this depression I feel. For thelast month I have felt like the scum of the earth with no real quality or purpose. I keep having what seems like the most negative thought patterns ever. I've reached the point that I will do anything to escape these feelings. If im not drinking to escape I'm sleeping to escape or starving to escape. I know suicide is irrational but I beginning not to care. I know it wouldnt be a gun to the head but rather going on a drinking binge with no end in sight.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 27th, 2011
My heart goes out to you. Are you seeing a counselor or therapist? Are you on any medication for your depression? You really owe it to yourself to get help for your depression. There is hope, take control of your depression and stop letting it control you! GOOD LUCK! Hope this is helpful..
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...