User Profile
I am a 27 year old female. I have been dealing with the following symptoms for over 3 years.
Depression
Acne (longer than 3 years)
Difficulty falling asleep
Forgetfulness
Mental fogginess
Anxiety, irritability and nervousness
Mood changes
Crying
Anger
Frustration
Daylong fatigue (longer than 3 years)
Reduced stamina
Decreased sense sexuality or sensuality (longer than 3 years)
Lessened self-image and attention to appearance
Dry eyes, skin and vagina
Loss of skin radiance (longer than 3 years)
Pain with sexual activity
Increased joint pain
Headaches and migraines (especially in the morning and late afternoon) (longer than 3 years)
Water retention
Feeling uptight and irritated
Nausea
Flabbiness and muscular weakness
Lack of energy
Loss of coordination and balance
Indecisiveness
Decreased sex drive ( very much)
Poor body image
Loss of sense of security
Stress
Yeast Infections
Intolerance to noises
Constant fatigue
Poor mood
Decreased immunity
Memory loss
Constipation

My symptoms have gotten steadily worse over the past 3 years. I can never seem to get enough sleep and I am now sleeping over 12-14 hours and when I wake I still feel as though I have not rested and I do not have energy. I am incredibly depressed and either feel extremely sad, angry, stressed or irritated. For over a week now I have stopped working because I can´t handle any stress, I am crying all the time, my skin has become worse even though I am on birth control and I am extremely tired/exhausted.
I have gone to psychologists, dermatologists, a gynecologist, an internist, an endocrinologist to help me with my symptoms. In 2007 my gynecologist said my test results showed I had high Prolactin levels. She took me off of birth control pills, put me on Dostinex medication to lower my prolactin levels, and put me on Progyluton for a month to regulate my period. I have taken birth control pills since I was 14 years old to regulate my period and to control my acne. In the beginning of 2008 my psychologist and internist put me on anti-depressants for over 7 months. I am now off of anti-depressants. At the end of 2008 I went to a endocrinologist who had me get an ultrasound of my ovaries because he thought I had polycystic ovarian syndrome. The ultrasound of my ovaries came out fine so I know I don’t have polycystic ovarian syndrome. The endocrinologist then had me go off of birth control pills for 3 months and tested my prolactin again (to control my acne while I was off of brtih control he had me take Aldactone). He said the tests results came back high and wanted me to go back on the Dostinex medication to lower my prolactin. My gynecologist said my prolactin was fine and had me check my prolactin levels again on the 3rd day of my period and she said me prolactin levels are fine. She told me not take any more medication and put me back on birth control (I have a boyfriend so I use it as birth control as well as to try and control my acne). Lately the birth control is not helping my acne at all.
I am hoping that you might be able to help me. Do you think you might know if I have some sort of hormonal imbalance? I feel very discouraged about my life, I am 27 years old and I´d like to be able to dream again and get to know myself again to see what I´d like to do with my life, but with being depressed and exhausted as well as everything else I can barely get out of bed and take care of myself, let alone think about my life and the future and like to have.

Thank You,

Amber
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 6th, 2009
Get your Thyroid Checked
If you haven't yet, you should get your Thyroid checked. Hypothyroidism causes most of the symptoms you are describing. Also, make sure you get a PCOS profile as it is not a requisite to have ovary cysts to be diagnosed this syndrome.
|

replied November 7th, 2011
health questions response!
I would love to chat with you. i am 29 years old and I can tell you that we are nearly having the EXACT propblems. I would be interessted talking/chatting with you via email or something just to see what test have been done, and where you are at now.
|

replied November 7th, 2011
health questions response!
I would love to chat with you. i am 29 years old and I can tell you that we are nearly having the EXACT propblems. I would be interessted talking/chatting with you via email or something just to see what test have been done, and where you are at now.
|

replied March 21st, 2018
Its great supplement 4 women.I've gone thr miscarriage for 2 times and had harmonal imbalance.Its miracle.
|
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...