User Profile
i had my gallbladder removed 3 years ago. the last four months have been suffering from hives and Face and mouth swelling not as often as the hives i get thoughs every night and my swelling just every week once a week.i havent changed any thing in my diet or life style just one day they started and wont go away. I know they say it can be some form of alergees. what i want to know is after gallbladder removal is it posible that your liver could cose hives and face swelling with the extra strain sence there is no gallbladder.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2010
Gallbladder Disease Answer A9798
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. What you seem to be having is chronic hives. In most of the cases of chronic urticaria, the underlying pathology is idiopathic i.e. it is not linked to any cause. It is essential to rule out the presence of serious illnesses of which recurring hives can be a symptom. Examples are liver diseases like hepatitis, hyperthyroidism, lymphomas, collagen vascular diseases, and cancers of the rectum, kidneys and gastrointestinal tract. I would suggest you to consult an allergist and get all these causes ruled out. Till then take some antihistaminics and apply some calamine lotion on the rashes.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations, and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.