Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

HIV symptoms or Noracin effects ?

User Profile
hello sir..im 22 year old boy..i dont know i hav HIV r not...before 18 days a ago.i had a sex wid my friend(homosex).since that night i had 6 days of loose motion continuesly.after dat a day of cold n headache.i contacted a doctor n he said there is no symptoms for HIV.then he gives a tablets named NORACIN(norfloxacin) n another one is protogyn(tinidazole).im used Noracin for 5 days.in that 5 days i hav feel like burning in my body.hand,feet n abdomen.i hav tiredness since 18 days..now im nt using that tablets since 2 days..nw my body burning is nt like before..its low now..day before yesterday night i had vommiting just 1 time.im in very tention mood..im worring toomuch...my body is itching some time..i hav depression.widout dis no other problems sir. is dis bcoz of my tention n scare.??...is these r hapning bcoz of a side effects of that tablets..??..is these r a symptoms of HIV..? reply soon sir.im scaring too much...

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2010
HIV and AIDS Answer A12355
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned if you have acute HIV infection after risk exposure(homosexual exposure) about 18 days ago.
Acute HIV symptoms generally occur within 2 to 4 weeks. The most common symptoms are fever, fatigue, and rash. Others include headache, swollen lymph glands, sore throat, feeling achy, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and night sweats.
Your symptoms of loose motions and diarrhea day after risk exposure could be due to tummy bug but the tension and scare that you are going through can only be relieved by HIV testing as early treatment of acute HIV infection can delay the progress of disease. The normal HIV blood test will come back negative for someone who was infected very recently. The test looks for antibodies produced by the immune system to fight HIV. It can take two months for these antibodies to be produced.
However, the viral load test measures the virus itself. Before the immune system produces antibodies to fight it, HIV multiplies rapidly. Therefore, this test will show a high viral load during acute infection.
If you think you might be in the acute stage of HIV infection, tell your health care provider and get tested. Talk to your health care provider about the possible advantages of starting ART during acute HIV infection.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasise final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is aimed just to provide medical information and no treatment suggested above be taken without face to face consultation with health care professional.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.