Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

HIV risk from just touching womens vagina??

Hi..i m a worrying type of person and this thing is now started bothering me after around 11-12 years.I had a sexual encounter with one girl around 11-12 years back in which we had only touched each others genitals and did nothing else.We were basically kids that time.around 14 years of age..Just want to ask can that transmit HIV If that girl was positive?? Also I had my blood work done for one operation in 2007 in which my absolute lymphocytes count was 2570 and I have done a blood work this month which shows 2808 absolute lymphocytes. My WBC are at 10400..Now all of a sudden I have started worrying about HIV because I have achy muscles and spasms these days and having a mild headache which is not going for 12 days o so..note that I didn't have any sexual adventure after the one which was 11-12 years back which I have mentioned about .Kindly help
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 20th, 2015
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

You have an extremely low possibility of being infected with HIV. The only way transmission could have occurred is if there was some wound / skin or mucosa breach in the genitals and contact of bodily fluids like blood was made. The lymphocytosis and muscle aches can be due to a number of other causes. However If you are worried about HIV, then you may get Elisa HIV ABs done , if negative then repeat them after 3 months, if they come out to be positive , then they should be followed by a western blot for confirmation in consultation with your doctor.

wishing you best of health


Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.