Hi I just took a rapid hiv 1+2 test, I'm a bit confused about the results, when the sample started moving along the strip the positive lines showed up very faintly as the sample got to them but by the time the sample had reached the control line and it showed up (around the 8 min mark) the faint positive lines had disappeared. I am going to my gp to get a lab test soon to be sure but I am worried that the positive lines showed up at all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

From your history, you have got a negative test result by using a rapid test kit, but you have doubts about the results /validity of the test kit.

In such case, the best option would be to repeat the test again with a new kit or to get the test done at the laboratory where proper testing can be done.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: HIV and AIDS
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.