Hello, maybe I'm being overly paranoid or neurotic, but....I recently had a rapid HIV test conducted, and it tested negative. I literally had a "pinprick" incident months ago and I just wanted to be sure. Right before my test, I had chapped lips and I picked a small piece of skin from the bottom of my upper lip, revealing "fresh skin" that could have had a small amount of blood on it. Is it possible to contract HIV if the person conducting the test on me was HIV positive, and through simple conversation, spit a tiny amount of saliva that could have landed on my lip?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 12th, 2010
Saliva does not contain the virus. HIV only exists in the blood. Please get yourself checked for OCD, I live with it and like you worry myself to death about HIV. I am currently seeing a psychologist and it's helping me but please, don't delay. This paranoia and anxiety will take over your life if you let it. You do not have HIV, take a deep breath and move forward with your life.
|

replied March 12th, 2010
Saliva does not contain the virus. HIV only exists in the blood. Please get yourself checked for OCD, I live with it and like you worry myself to death about HIV. I am currently seeing a psychologist and it's helping me but please, don't delay. This paranoia and anxiety will take over your life if you let it. You do not have HIV, take a deep breath and move forward with your life.
|
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....