Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

hiv negative . What else could cause these problems?

I had unprotected, receptive anal sex during a phase of mine in late August. Later that night, I came down with a fever that lasted two days. I also had a Bilirubin problem with my liver for a few days, too, which might have been from using Day/NightQuil every 8 hours. One week later, I had diarrhea, which lasted two days. From that point on, till late October, I seemed perfectly fine. However, in late October, I seemed to be developing some sort of stomach issue, as I would get nausea, and my stools got lighter, and sunk. A month later, I developed insomnia. That insomnia was terrible. I literally didn't get any sleep at all some nights. Then, I got a form of it that wakes me up every night between 1-4 AM, sometimes later. I then started getting more symptoms, such as tingling and increased urination that lasted for a few days, as well as joint pain that is quite rare, thus far. Around that time I also developed a strange arm and foot odor that a friend said was similar to alcohol. Over the last four weeks, my tongue has looked white in the back of it, with barely visible bumps, and I had an occasional bitter taste in my mouth for no known reason two nights. I also have mild constipation. This strange illness makes me worried. One last thing, however, I did get an HIV test that came back negative, yesterday. What else could cause these problems?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

Since your last exposure was in August 2014, and the test was done in October 2013, it is likely that your symptoms or issues are not due to HIV.

It would be better if you consult your doctor who can examine you and get proper medical history, which will help in proper diagnosis and treatment.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.