Dear friends,

i know there are threads regarding std's already, but for this thread i hope we can focus on the symptoms and discuss it together, maybe based on ur past experience or family history.nothing personal just sharing infos and advices with each other.ill start first:

1st encounter with sex worker: 11/2/2012
last: 2/3/2012
i always use condom but also involved actively in oral sex.And one time my penis had half-inserted into the vagina for around several seconds before I pulled it out.after few weeks of 1st encounter i got this conditions:

short flu but long cough almost 2 weeks
white patches on tongue n sore throat, keep surfacing even after taken of medicine already. And my mouth has zink/metal smells
black spots/lesions on face and feet, few on elbows n arms
white small rashes on chest
very bad burning sensations on penis, feet, legs n other joints
blurry vision
dierrhia
backache
smollen knuckles and fingers
legs bcome lazy n easily become tired
intermittent fever n nightsweats/hotflush

I know early HIV symptoms normally dont involved thrush KS but I am on antibiotics now (unasyn) so I dunno if it caused the symptoms to come out earlier. hope anyone can give thought about tis or share your opinion/experience if you have any..appreciate mature n profesional discussions..tqvm for all the replies..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 20th, 2012
Welcome to e health forum.

Having sexual intercourse with sex workers does increase your risk of HIV infection.

The symptoms of sore throat and lymph node pain are surely not due to HIV, as they do not present within days of ‎exposure, but are probably due to streptococcal infection, which is very common in individuals having any form of ‎sexual contact with a new partner (oral sex, deep kissing, etc). ‎Such issues are common, but benign and they resolve soon in most individuals. ‎

The actual symptoms of HIV and AIDS vary, depending on the phase of infection.‎

Within the first few weeks
When first infected with HIV, you may have no signs or symptoms at all, although you're still able to transmit the ‎virus to others. Many people develop a brief flu-like illness two to four weeks after becoming infected. ‎

Signs and symptoms may include: Fever, Headache, Sore throat, Swollen lymph glands, Rash

YEARS LATER: ‎
You may remain symptom-free for years. ‎
But as the virus continues to multiply and destroy immune cells, you may develop mild infections or chronic ‎symptoms such as: Swollen lymph nodes , Diarrhea, Weight loss, Fever, Cough and shortness of breath

PROGRESSION TO AIDS: ‎
If you receive no treatment for your HIV infection, the disease typically progresses to AIDS in about 10 years. By the ‎time AIDS develops, your immune system has been severely damaged, making you susceptible to opportunistic ‎infections — diseases that wouldn't trouble a person with a healthy immune system. ‎

The signs and symptoms of some of these infections may include: Soaking night sweats, Shaking chills or fever ‎higher than 100 F (38 C) for several weeks, Cough and shortness of breath , Chronic diarrhea, Persistent white spots ‎or unusual lesions on your tongue or in your mouth, Headaches , Persistent, unexplained fatigue, Blurred and ‎distorted vision , Weight loss, Skin rashes or bumps. ‎

HIV is diagnosed based on the serological detection in the blood samples. A person after exposure to HIV can get ‎tested as early as 4 weeks to 12 weeks with the ELISA for ‎HIV antibody test. 90% of normal individuals who have HIV ‎exposure, will seroconvert within 4-6 weeks. The ‎sensitivity of the ELISA test is 99.9%. ‎

If you think you may have been infected with HIV or are at risk of contracting the virus, you might seek medical ‎counseling as soon as possible.‎

I hope this helps.

|
Users who thank DEEPAK ANVEKAR for this post: hivsymptom12 

replied March 24th, 2012
Thanks for your reply mr deepak:

Its been 1 week after my last post:
My current condition:
1.No more thrush but now only white patches on tongue's surface
2.Legs especially thighs part still have tingling and burning sensation
3.flu n coughing still on
4.dierrhia starting to be less frequent

The only thing is I just noticed red reashes on my palms, u can refer it here

http://imaging.cmpmedica.com/consultantliv e/images/articles/2007/01112007/0711ConPCS yph.jpg

which start to make me think its some kind of other STDs or infections e.g. Syphillis or tubercolosis but still I wont rule out any possibilities of hiv...hope theres someone that want to share their experience too..thank you friends
|

replied April 8th, 2012
bring up my post Smile
|
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.