Good Day, I would please like to get your views and opinions on this,
About seven month ago i had two sexual encounters and i am very worried. None of the two (in my opinion could have put me at risk for HIV. (1. I was fellated by another man) (2.A man played gave me anal with his hands). About a week after the last encounter i started feeling lightheaded and my lymphnodes was swollen, soon after some other weird symtoms apeared, i werent eating much i was nausea and was feeling generally ill. soon after i have developed a light oral thrush). Since then i have been in and out of the doctors office to try and establish what might be wrong with me.About two months later my lymph nodes went down (except for one in my neck that has been staying relatively large for over 7 months nog) my nausea and lightheadedness has also dissapeared. My new symptoms lately are extreme tiredness, light thrush, and one swollen lymph node in my neck. I have done the HIV Elisa 1&2 at three months and it came back negative for both. I have also done the elisa 1&2 tests at 6 months and it came back negative for both but they have tested me positive for Coxsackie B3.(I Haven't had any other sexual encounters inbetween) Can this be the reason that i have been feeling ill for almost seven months. Is it possible that i can have Coxsackie B3 and HIV at the same time and how will this affect my window period? Is it safe to rule out HIV as a possibility? Please Help?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 25th, 2011
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

In your case since your HIV ELISA tests have been negative even after 6 months, it is certain that you do not have HIV infection.

Co infection with Cox sackie virus does not change the window period nor does it affect the test results for HIV , done so far.

You might consult with your doctor in person, who can counsel you and help you get over the anxiety and doubts of you being HIV infected. This will help you move on with your life.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.