Back in Jan 2010 while my wife was preagnant I started going out with a coworker it was just friendly at first. One day she made a move on me and I resisted but then she unzipped me and gave me oral for maybe 1 mnt, I felt so guilty that I couldn't even finish. About 10 day later I noticed some discharge and frquent urinating I went to the Dr and he said I had a UTI and he told me to take some antibios. I took the meds but my symptoms got worse each week. Finally after 3 months I whent back to the Dr to test for STD's incl HIV, everything came back neg-. I kept gettin UTI's for over a year then 1 day it just stopped BUT soon after I started getting shills that seemed to last days followed by breef hot flashes. On Feb 2012 (20 months later) I whent back to the Dr to test again and one more time my results were - neg. I know I should be over this by now but maybe my guilt wont let me move on I love my wife an family more than ever but I feel like they have lost me. The Dr told me that I need to talk to someone so that I can move on. I dont sleep good or eat for long periods. My little girl is 2 and I havent been able to enjoy her. Has anybody gone thru this? Will I ever be the same? Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 1st, 2013
Hello Josemart! you can not beat yourself up first and foremost you made a mistake and you recognize it, now it is time to move forward. With that being said you probably kept getting UTI's because of the bacteria in her mouth (co-worker) - remember the mouth is one of the dirtiest part of our body. There was probably a strain that she had in her mouth that your body was a little resistant too. But continue to get your STD bloodwork just to be on the safe side for the future because certain viruses can lie dormant for up to 7 years with out any symptoms. Good Luck
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied March 6th, 2013
When your HIV test result came back negative 3 months post your encounter you can be rest assured that the result is quite accurate....If your'e having any other symptoms do consult your doctor & get those evaluated, but with your negative test result you really have nothing to worry as far as HIV is concerned !!!
|

replied March 6th, 2013
I also tested -neg after 20 months but I cant get over this. Thanks for you reply.
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2013
Protected Sex and HIV Anxiety !!!
I had a Rapid test after 9 weeks (results Negative).....(Determine test) Please also note....We had oral to where french kissing and she sucking and hand job me condom less. I am a man who had PROTECTED vaginal sex with my new girlfreind on 5th March 2013. Always i have is protected sex with her (before this event also). After few days after 5th March (when we had protected sex) she tested positive. I am trying to figure out if i am on Risk status and if yes when to get tested????. I had a Rapid test after 9 weeks (results Negative).....(Determine test) Please also note....We had oral to where french kissing and she sucking and hand job me condom less. Your fast responce will be appreciated. I am just worried...cant eat well...cant do anything... Honestly cant just let myself free from this......one sneeze and i fear that i m infected....one cough and i fear i m infected and rush to check. BTW my last check was 9 weeks.....(results negative)...had a Determine test !!!......Hope its conclusive !!! Man o Man...days arent passing !!!!!!!! hope to hear from you soon !!!!!! thanks Many say i dont pose any risk but just what if i did ??? Do you think the results can change further weeks ahead??? thanks
|
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....