User Profile
I had a possible exposure 8 months ago and week after I had sex with my wife and she had all ARS symptoms including fever lasted for 7 weeks. Months after the exposure I tested CMIA test which came negative and so far I have for 6 blood test CMIA and 7 POC and my wife did 1 CMIA at 100 days and 2 pOC around 7 and 8 months. Mean time I have very bad pins and needles, muscle twitches all over my body and heavy eye floaters blurred vision UTI and so many other symptoms.
My wife was kept getting cold and dry cough and my 2 year old who was Brest feeding at that time was getting repeated cold and pneumonia and even had a seizure from no where which lasted more than 30 mins without a fever.
I am very worried and not convinced with my test results. What is this?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 2nd, 2019
HIV and AIDS Answer A64715
Your history given indicates that you and your family have been tested for HIV are have been found negative.

If the tests were done after due waiting time , then it is more likely that you were not infected, and the symptoms you had were more likely due to common cold viruses and not due to HIV.

Consult a HIV counsellor and clear all your worries

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.