User Profile
Hello, to be short and brief I was told by a girl that she gave me HIV 2 weeks after we broke up. She gave it to me on purpose, my real concern is I met someone recently and we had unprotected sex but I didn't ejaculate inside her, at that time I didn't know anything about the other girl possibly giving me HIV. What are the chances of the girl I just met getting hiv if in fact I am positive? Please help, we are both going crazy. Yes the second girl knows I had to tell her, and I got tested about 5 days ago still waiting on the results.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied September 24th, 2017
HIV and AIDS Answer A62273
Welcome to e health forum.

First and foremost, You need to know that Sex with every person does not cause HIV. Even in case a person has sex with a infected person, the chances of contracting the infection would be as follows.
Risk of acquiring HIV are as follows:

A. Female-to-male transmission is 0.04% per act and
B. Male-to-female transmission is 0.08% per act.
C. The rate for receptive anal intercourse is much higher, 1.7% per act

The infectivity of a HIV positive person depends on the HIV load detected in the infected person. If the viral load of a person is higher than 3500 copies/ ml, then the risk of getting infected would be higher.

Using protection in the form of condoms during penetrative vaginal sex and or oral sex, helps to prevent possible infections, and hence the risk is reduced. But in case the condom is not used properly or it breaks during sexual activity, the risk of infection would be high (if the partners are HIV infected).

if you are unsure, and think that you may have been at risk, then it would be best to get tested and clear all your doubts.

|

replied September 24th, 2017
Thank you, I have been tested and I'm waiting for the results. So the chances of me infecting the girl I just met are very low? Like less then 1/10th of a percent? We both are very worried, I'm more concerned for her than myself because I may have unknowly ruined her life, and that would kill me.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.