Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Hit just above ear

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
I got hit on the left side of head just above ear 60 hours ago. Head still swollen and tender. I begin feeling fine until I eat. Chewing and opening mouth wide causes pain. After eating, I begin to feel dizzy and nauseated. Will this go away or do I need to see an MD. I have not been evaluated. Did not have loss of consciousness but was disoriented, nauseeated and had severe headache immediately following incident.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2010
Brain and Head Injuries Answer A11967
Thanks for using this forum..

It will be better to see a physician and get CAT scan of brain to evaluate..Sometimes dizziness may persist for some days even with a normal scan.

take care...

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain and Head Injuries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.