Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

history of Anorexia Nervosa symptoms of Crohn's, IBS

I have a history of Anorexia Nervosa. I eat now, not the best of course. I also purge but haven't in almost 3 weeks. I've been having severe stomach pain for over 3 months. I'm seeing a GI doctor tomorrow possibly an endoscopy soon. I can't keep food down now. Please help. I have all the symptoms of Crohn's disease and IBS.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2014
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out.

Abdominal pain is one of the findings in anorexia nervosa and if you are having severe abdominal pain, then gastroesophageal reflux disease, peptic ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome and Crohn's disease need to be ruled out.

Crohn's disease most commonly affects the last part of the small intestine, usually located in the right lower abdomen. Diagnosed by barium enemas and colonoscopy. Irritable bowel syndrome can be a very difficult diagnosis to make. IBS is called a diagnosis of exclusion, which means that a doctor considers many other alternatives first, perhaps performing tests to rule out other problems.

So get an upper GI endoscopy and a colonoscopy to confirm the diagnosis.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.